Whether it’s an up-and-coming influencer blog or major (major!) media outlet, digital content is heavily driven by the complex interplay between journalists, brands, social, and PR. If a founder ignores just one of these components, even the most innovative products and services can fall completely flat.
It’s a lot.
In my experience, very few people understand every aspect of this ecosystem. To grasp it, you need to have a command of personal relationships, brand voice, and storytelling. I can think of three, maybe four people who really “get it.”
Natalie Sportelli is one such person.
She has years of experience at a storied publication (Forbes) and a skyrocketing career managing brand voice and content at one of the country’s most prolific startup investors (Lerer Hippeau). If anyone can bridge the two worlds — and give advice on how best to do just that — it’s Natalie.
Our conversation on the podcast took some fun twists and turns, and Natalie always brought it back to some actionable takeaways for anyone working in content — or just hoping to get the word out about the next great thing.
In Episode 3, you’ll learn about:
- Natalie’s experience working at one of the world’s most respected business publications (0:52)
- The brands taking a stand (and doing it the right way) on hot-button issues (8:43)
- The best way to measure influencer marketing and impact (21:33)
- And much, much more!
To share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes and YouTube
Special thanks to Natalie Sportelli for joining us this week. Until next time!